A process for recycling of noble metals
Prozesse und Methoden (inkl. Screening)
We offer a new environmentally friendly and safe technology to recycle noble metals. An efficient recycling is achieved by exposing noble metal containing materials alternating to oxidative and reductive conditions in the presence of a complexing agent. The usage of low concentrated acid solution, in which selected reductive and oxidative gasses are introduced in a tailored sequence, leads to the dissolution of noble metals. To avoid the re-deposition of noble metal, the dissolution can be stabilized by addition of carbon monoxide and a complexing agent such as chlorides, bromides, iodides or cyanides. Oxygen, peroxide, ozone, nitric acid, which are also effective in removing organic and other carbon based contaminates are good oxidation promoted species. Effective reductive species are e.g. hydrogen, carbon monoxide and methanol. The results of platinum dissolution are shown in the Fig. 1.
The results confirm that platinum can be efficiently dissolved and recycled using the proposed technology.
- Safer, more environmentally friendly and cheaper
- Low consumption of reagents and low acid concentration
- Low emission of hazardous gases
- Low process temperatures and pH
- Removal of carbon based surface contaminates
- No oxidative or reductive pre-treatments are required
DE patent application filled in October 2015.
- Ref.-Nr.: 0041-5034-WT (694,1 KiB)
PD Dr. Wolfgang Tröger
Senior Patent- & Lizenzmanager
Telefon: 089 / 29 09 19-27